Reopening Schedule & Covid-19 Response
We are pleased to be included in Phase 1 of the reopening of the Ontario economy and are excited for our members and the public to begin enjoying our fantastic golf course once again.
Golf Courses in Ontario will be expected to meet or exceed current Public Health regulations alongside the recommended best practices from our industry associations and governing bodies. Talbot Trail is committed to ensuring the safety of staff and players.
The following new guidelines are being implemented at Talbot Trail Golf Club for all members and guests based on Ontario’s Occupational Heath & Safety regulations to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Our opening hours will be 8am and our last tee time will be 5pm (weather permitting).
- Tee times can be reserved online or by phoning the clubhouse at 519-825-4521. Telephone reservations will require a credit card to reserve the tee time.
- Tee times will be at 15 min intervals during opening weekend. This will provide us an opportunity to work through any issues and maintain a high level of safety while we adjust to the new protocols.
- All golfers must be pre-booked on the tee sheet. NO walk-on play permitted. 9 holes per golfer for the first weekend. One tee time booking per person and maximum 4 golfers in a group.
- All players are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your tee time. You will be required to stay in your car and your group will be called to the putting green or tee when safe to do so. There will be no visiting or gathering in the parking lots at this time. All players will be expected to leave the property immediately following the end of the round.
- Driving range is closed.
- Walking is encouraged. Golf carts must be pre-reserved and will be single rider only with 1 bag. Spouses or persons that reside in the same household can ride together but ID with proof of address will be required. Pull carts will be provided for walkers if needed.
- All golf carts and pull carts will be sanitized by staff after each use.
- The clubhouse will be closed until further notice, however, washrooms facilities will be available through the west entrance only. There will be no on course washroom facilities available until further notice.
- Leagues will be put on hold until the beginning of June and discussions with board liaisons will be held with conveners to define exact start dates and develop new routines.
- Tournaments are being postponed and rescheduled wherever possible and creative solutions will be developed to try and deliver a great experience based on whatever protocols may still be in place.
- “Curbside” beer, cooler drinks, bottled water, juice, pop and light snacks will be available during opening weekend. No mixed drinks or prepared food will be available this weekend. We will provide a disposable plastic bag with ice or you may bring your own cooler bag.
- Payments can be made by debit or credit card and we kindly ask that cash not be used when possible and no tabs authorized for opening weekend. Payment service will be provided at the main entrance.
- All high touch-point items, except for the flagstick, have been removed from the golf course including garbage pails, rakes, benches and ball washers as these surfaces that are difficult to disinfect. Golfers will be required to take all their own garbage home.
- Golfers will be asked to not touch anything on the course except their own belongings including the flagstick. Leave the pin in while putting. No post round handshaking, hugging or high- fiving is permitted.
- Golfers will always be required to comply with social distancing rules by staying a minimum of 2 metres away from other people and this will be strictly enforced while on the property.
- Handwashing and standard hygiene practices will be required, and hand sanitizer will be available at certain locations. Please bring your own for use while on the course or in the golf cart.
- Golfers will be asked the current Covid-19 health screening questions before being allowed to play and anyone displaying visible symptoms of flu-like illness will not be allowed to golf. Non-members will be required to provide full name and contact information.
- Anyone caught disobeying the health and safety protocols will be requested to leave the property immediately.
- All staff will be screened daily, trained on new policies and required to follow all protocols and safety procedures. Note: While performing any sanitizing or cleaning duties they will be required to wear PPE.
It is fully expected that all newly re-opening businesses and industries will be visited by the local public health authorities and by- law inspectors during this critical transition phase. While they will be assisting with education and resources to assist with compliance, we also know that penalties and fines due to breaches or negligence are probable to help keep the public safe. We thank you in advance for your observance and respect of all these safety regulations.
We realize this is a lot of new information to digest but in closing we ask for your continued patience as we learn to adapt to all the changes. We are truly all in this together and together we will find solutions to overcome and prosper once again.